It is said that Google’s service is so secure that massive data loss has never happened on Google’s cloud platform. Why do we still need a backup service?
The answer is that most data loss is due to user errors! Here are a few common scenarios:
- Employees might accidentally delete an important document or email without even noticing. This is an easy-to-make mistake, especially on mobile devices, where an unintentional gesture is sometimes all it takes.
- Disgruntled employees may be able to destroy important documents or data.
- Hackers can break into your cloud system and ruin your data.
- Google sometimes blocks accounts due to a policy violation. For example, an employee in your marketing department could accidentally send too many emails in a relatively short time and be automatically blocked.
- When employees leave the company, data loss can sometimes happen.
- Power outages, earthquakes, hurricanes and other disasters can cause data loss or make the internet inaccessible. A local backup is indispensable in such situations.
Though Google’s platform is very stable, a backup solution, such as CubeBackup, definitely adds more security to your business data.