CubeBackup 3.0 is fully compatible with previous backup sets, so the upgrade process is safe and easy.
However, because of library changes made in the new version, upgrading through the menu in version 2.x will not work. A new install is necessary.
We suggest performing an on-site upgrade on the same computer running CubeBackup 2.x, so that settings and configuration data are automatically carried over to the new version.
To upgrade CubeBackup from 2.x to 3.0:
- Quit CubeBackup 2.x.
Note: Simply closing the CubeBackup window does not quit the app; you need to select “Exit” from the CubeBackup icon in the Windows system tray.
- Uninstall CubeBackup 2.X
- Download CubeBackup 3.0 from https://www.cubebackup.com/
- Install the downloaded package.
- Start the new version of CubeBackup.
- CubeBackup 3.0 will keep the settings used on the earlier version without asking you to configure it again.
- CubeBackup 3.0 will employ an incremental backup on the data backed up by the old version.
- You can alter the parallel backup settings as well as network throttling using “Settings”-> “Options…”->”Throttling”.
If you have any problems with the upgrade, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.