Can I back up Google Workspace and Microsoft 365 on one machine at the same time?
YES, CubeBackup for Google Workspace and CubeBackup for Microsoft 365 can run simultaneously on the same backup server.
Since the UI design and basic architecture of CubeBackup for Google Workspace and CubeBackup for Microsoft 365 are intuitive and consistent with each other, it is easy for an administrator or an MSP to manage the backup data for both platforms.
To set up CubeBackup for Google Workspace and CubeBackup for Microsoft 365, you only need to
- Install CubeBackup for Google Workspace on the server.
- Open the default web console at http://<server_ip> and go through the initial configuration of CubeBackup for Google Workspace.
- Install CubeBackup for Microsoft 365 on the same server. The installation wizard will ask you to assign a different port (e.g.
8080) for this service, since port
80is already in use by CubeBackup for Google Workspace.
- Open the web console at http://<server_ip>:8080 and go through the initial configuration of CubeBackup for Microsoft 365.
You can access the CubeBackup web consoles for these two services using the address and specified ports above. If you wish, you can also assign different domain names and configure a reverse proxy to access these two web consoles later.
- The backup server should have no less than 8 GB of memory to run the two backup services simultaneously.
- The local data indexes for Google Workspace backups and Microsoft 365 backups should both be stored locally on the backup server. On average, the data index for each user is less than 200 MB.
- The two products require you to place two subscriptions and activate the different license codes separately on each platform.