How many revisions are kept in the revision history? What’s the retention policy of the backup data?
As a Google Workspace backup tool, CubeBackup keeps a history of versions (or snapshots) for Google Drive/Shared drives files and folders, Google Calendar events, Google Contacts, and Google Sites pages using the following rules:
- Keep one snapshot for each hour over the last 24 hours
- Keep one snapshot for each day over the last 30 days
- Keep one snapshot for each week over the last 2 years
- Keep one snapshot per year after two years
Data retention period
By default, CubeBackup will follow the rules outlined above. However, if you don’t wish to keep this many copies, you can set the age of the oldest snapshot CubeBackup will retain, based on the rules and regulations of your organization.
Note: This setting only applies to expired/deleted data. For instance, if the retention period is set to 365 days:
- Google Drive or Shared drives snapshots older than 365 days will be removed from the backup.
- Gmail messages which were deleted more than 365 days ago will be removed from the backup.