How can I backup Google Workspace to two separate storage locations simultaneously?
For security reasons or because of a specific backup policy, you may need to backup to two or more storage locations at the same time. This can be accomplished by running two instances of CubeBackup simultaneously using different backup locations. The same CubeBackup license can be activated on a second server without extra cost.
Quota for Google Drive API
However, you may run into problems with the quota for the Google Drive API. Google only allows a certain number of requests per user every 100 seconds, and if this quota is exceeded, it can dramatically slow down the backup. To solve this problem, there are 2 options:
Apply for higher quota
- Log in to the Google Cloud Platform, and choose the project created for CubeBackup as the active project.
- In the APIs & Services > Enable APIs & services page, scroll down and click the Google Drive API entry.
- In the Google Drive API page, switch to the QUOTAS tab.
- Check the box in front of Queries per 100 seconds per user and Queries per 100 seconds, and then click the EDIT QUOTAS link on the top right.
- In the box that opens to the right, enter 20000 in both of the New limit fields to apply for a quota of 20,000 requests/100 seconds/user and 20,000 requests/100 seconds.
Use a sync tool
You can keep CubeBackup running on a single server, then use a sync tool, such as rsync or Dropbox to sync the backup data to another location.