Types of account in CubeBackup
For small organizations, one CubeBackup administrator is usually enough. However, for large organizations, or for G Suite partners who manage backups for multiple clients, it may be helpful to enable multiple administrator accounts. Additionally, you may wish to allow individual users to view their own backups and restore files or messages themselves.
Types of account
There are 4 types of accounts in CubeBackup:
System Admin: Full control of CubeBackup.
Domain Admin: Administrative powers and permissions for specific domain(s).
Domain operator: Backup & restore permissions for any G Suite users in specific domain(s).
OAuth login user: Backup & restore permissions for own data only.
|Operations||System administrator||Domain administrator||Domain operator||OAuth login user|
|View own backup data||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Restore own data||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|View own restore/export history||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|View backup data for any users in managed domain(s)||✔||✔||✔||✖|
|Restore data for any users in managed domain(s)||✔||✔||✔||✖|
|Restore data for one user to another user||✔||✔||✔||✖|
|View backup/restore/export history of managed domain(s)||✔||✔||✔||✖|
|View statistical data for managed domain(s)||✔||✔||✔||✖|
|G Suite domain specific settings (e.g. data retention policy, enable/disable backups for users, enable/disable backup of shared drives)||✔||✔||✖||✖|
|System-wide settings (e.g. backup interval, network throttling, email reports)||✔||✖||✖||✖|
|Add or delete other administrative accounts||✔||✖||✖||✖|
|View audit log||✔||✖||✖||✖|
|Add new G Suite domains to CubeBackup||✔||✖||✖||✖|
|Manually start the backup||✔||✖||✖||✖|
- Small organizations who have only one G Suite domain: 1 or 2 system administrators are enough. You can also enable Google OAuth login for all users in your domain according to the data policy in your organization.
- Large organizations: 1 or 2 system administrator accounts, plus a few domain operators. We recommend that Google OAuth login be turned on for all users in your organization.
- G Suite partners: 1 or 2 system administrator accounts. You can assign each G Suite domain a domain administrator so that your customers can manage their own backup data. You can also discuss with your clients whether to enable Google OAuth login.
- Only system administrators can add more administrators/operators to CubeBackup.
- To enable Google OAuth login for all users, please refer to Enable Google OAuth Login for CubeBackup.